Though, somewhere deep down in me I must have had high hopes and expectations for this dresser because I refinished it 3 times until I was in love with it.
The first time I painted it I tried a DIY chalk paint recipe in a super light pink. I loved the final result, but just not enough. It then sat in my garage for at least 6 months.
When I got my new paint sprayer (more on that next post), I tried practicing with it on this dresser using a gray I had laying around, right over the pink chalk paint finish. Needless to say, I learned that regular latex paint does not adhere to chalk paint and wax very well. By looks it was fine, but by touch it was not durable. The paint was scratching off too easily.
I decided that if I was gonna salvage this dresser to be anything sellable, I needed to completely strip down both layers of paint and start over.
Since I already had black paint in the sprayer to finish a table top, I moved the dresser into the spray booth and just sprayed it black as well.
After a quick and light sand down, I was obsessed with how this dresser was turning out!
Cheap-o me though, I didn't wanna spend money on new hardware because I'd already invested too much in this piece. I remembered some cabinet pulls that my mom found in her new house that she was putting in my garage sale. She had five, I needed four, and they were PERFECT for this dresser!!
I'm hoping someone else will see this and love it just as much. It always makes me so happy when my furniture finds new loving homes :).
Another look at the before/after